Bergwijn Defends Himself on Instagram


Bergwijn Defends Himself on Instagram

Bergwijn-Defends-Himself-on-Instagram


On Sunday Steven Bergwijn was the centre of attention amid Spurs interest.

The 22-year-old (23 in October) wing attacker was not included in PSV 's game, at his own request, against FC Twente which ended 1-1. 

He is desperate to join us and is being portrayed as trying to force a move even though the clubs have not agreed a fee.

Whilst he doesn't like the way he is being portrayed, he is clearly putting what pressure he can on his club to let him leave. We all know how a player performs when he wants to be elsewhere, just look at Christian Eriksen, a shadow of his former self.

Bergwijn has taken to Instagram to post a video and 'share the truth'.

Bergwijn has travelled to London it seems, without the permission of general manager Toon Gerbrands but with the permission, it seems, of head coach Ernest Faber. 

He announced after the game that he was disappointed in Bergwijn.

PSV are demanding more than €30m (£25.31m) while Spurs are offering €20m (£16.87m).

"Good evening PSV fans. A lot has been written about me. I have read it all and I am very sorry that it went that way. Nothing is true, I never refused to play for PSV. I would never do that either, I am a guy from the club and PSV is in my heart. I never refused to play for PSV and the media twisted everything. I called the trainer this morning and said things are going on, also asking for permission. ”

"We had a good conversation, everything went according to plan and I think it is a shame that it is now being brought out as if I am a tailor, a rat or a snake," the wing attacker continues. "That is not the case at all. PSV is in my heart and I have done everything neatly as it should be. I didn't do anything in a hurry, but very neat. Again: I never refused to play for PSV. Thanks."

COYS
Recent THBN Articles

Description