A Spurs move for Vazquez unlikely


Tottenham are said to be interested in 26-year-old (27 in February) Palermo striker Franco Vázquez, as are Chelsea, Southampton, Inter Milan and AC Milan.

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini has sacked Coach Giuseppe Iachini despite beating Chievo 1-0 and 
Vázquez is reported to not be pleased. 

“I woke up this morning with this news. I am sorry, but football is also made by such terrible injustice. I will always be grateful to Iachini for what he has done for me and the team”

Iachini, the former Fiorentina midfielder, has been replaced by Davide Ballardini. Zamparini told to Radio Due that he would sell Vázquez if his price was met.

“Milan asked me for him but the €25m they offered isn’t enough. If they tell me €30m then very well, but not until June. 
“Of course, I could also sell him in January. On what conditions? If they offer me €30m plus the VAT, which is 22 per cent.”

As with any player if the new boss shows faith in him his complaints will cease. His price sounds steep though, they sold their star young striker Paulo Dybala to Juventus last summer for less. We may be watching him, it's unlikely he is a strong target considering his age. After a season he would be 28 and you wouldn't expect to see him at Tottenham past his 30th birthday.