You have to love Sherwood's honesty

“Good morning guys, just to let you know that I’m not injured! Hope that we can win the game today.” That was Sandro's tweet which was basically a frustrated player trying to pin the blame for him not playing on someone else when in all honesty his performances have not warranted him a place.

That may be harsh news to some fans but Sandro is after a World Cup place and that is all his tweet is about. While it shows a lack of unity at Spurs, we all know that exists at the moment so it's hardly big news.

He was wrong to tweet it but Tim Sherwood just brushed it aside after today's 3-1 victory over Fulham at White Hart Lane.


You have to love Sherwood's honesty



“I don’t care about the tweet. I don’t go on Twitter. He can tweet what he wants.

“I like Sandro’s qualities, but in my eyes it wasn’t right to put him in the squad - other people are ahead of him.

“I think Nacer Chadli’s done well in there and I think Paulinho’s done well in there.

“At the end of the day you always get an honest opinion from me and he’s right what he’s tweeting - he’s not telling any lies.

“He’s not injured, and he’s fit to play, but he’s not selected because he’s not up to it at the moment ahead of other people."

I have to say I entirely agree with those sentiments, Sandro was looking off the pace, was reacting and not anticipating. He was having to get himself booked early in games for those two reasons and then he was having to be careful.

West Ham and Stoke are on the horizon so there are still opportunities for Sandro to figure, we may need battling qualities in those games and Chadli lacks that in defensive areas.

“We might look for some different qualities in there, but for today’s game he’s not in the squad and he’s not selected.

“I really don’t have a problem with him. He’s a good lad. I don’t have any problem with anything he’s got to say. He’s not being disrespectful to me, I don’t think."

Coach Tony Parks and Danny Rose had a heated discussion to again highlight everything is not right at Spurs and Sherwood explained about that after the game as well.

“It was an altercation regarding who was marking who. I think they made a substitution and Danny was a little bit unclear on who he had to mark because the player he was assigned to had already gone off.

“It was a little miscommunication. Tony told him, he was told, and that was it.

"I’m all for that, because it shows they both care and they both want the same. They’re shaking hands in there and there’s not a problem with that.”

Naturally he was asked about his future and he gave his stock reply:

“It’s been five and a half months since I’ve been in the job and it’s never gone away. I’m always fending off the same questions.

“It’s not ideal, but it’s an environment that’s been created and it’s a great honour to manage this football club. I just have to be professional and try and prepare them to win football matches as best as I possibly can.”