No Handbags For Kanoute

By Jaymes Payten-Marsh
For THBN

Fredi Kanoute has openly stated that he wants to remain at Spurs and has no intention of joining West Bromich Albion.

As with every year, Tottenham are linked with nearly every available player on the planet. This year has been no different.

Spurs are being linked with strikers also, such as Dean Ashton of Norwich and PSV's massive striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. Therefore, it is of no surprise that maybe Kanoute or Keane could be shown the door.

With Kanoute rumored to have angered Spurs head coach Martin Jol over not traveling with the team on their end of season tour to Mauritius, and not applying himself properly in the games he has played in, it would seem as though the Mali international's days at White Hart Lane are numbered.

With West Brom making another bid of around £4.8 million again last night, Kanoute has told the British tabloid newspaper, The Daily Star that he doesn't want to leave.

Kanoute went on to say: "There is talk of me moving to West Bromich Albion this summer but that isn't something that I would have done.

"I didn't have any contact with them (West Brom) and, to be honest, I wasn't really interested in joining them.

"There are rumors that I will move back to France but I really don't expect that to happen either. It isn't possible for many reasons.

"Look, I've said before, my preference would be to continue playing for Spurs, if they want me to."

Reports coming out of Spurs suggest that Kanoute will be on his way sooner rather than later with an unnamed club ready to make a bid.