Ryan Fredericks found his comeback tough

Ryan Fredericks is delighted to be back playing for Middlesbrough again after spending 8 weeks at Tottenham for treatment on his thigh injury.

Ryan Fredericks found his comeback tough


He revealed his frustration to local paper the Evening Gazette and then spoke to the clubs website about returning to a side who have kept 14 clean sheets this term, impressive when you consider Fredericks was asked to work on his defensive positioning during his loan spell.
"I'm an awful spectator - I think most players are. It is really frustrating. You are just desperate to be out there on the pitch playing your part. 
"I've been away, but been following progress closely. I've watched as many games as possible online, I was at the Man City game and I've been up to quite a few matches at the Riverside to cheer the lads on too. 
"And I was keeping in touch with the boys all the time, texting and speaking. I'm still part of the banter and up with all the in jokes. 
"The group here is excellent and I didn't want to miss too much. But I'm back now and determined to make up for lost time."
“It was a tough game and we knew it would be. Personally the first 20 minutes were hard. I had to get back in the tempo of things, then it got better.  

He returned to action for them in the 1-0 win over high-flying Brentford where he came up against fellow Tottenham loanee Alex Pritchard, himself catching the headlines and continuing to make a name for himself in the division, just as he did in League One last season.

It's good to have two youngsters playing at the top of the division, Middlesbrough sit third, one point off the lead, while Brentford sit fifth, four points behind Middlesbrough after 28 games.