Did players used to be tougher?


Son Heung-min has spoken to reporters and confirmed what we have heard previously that he has been carrying an injury and playing through the pain. It is something you used to hear a lot of 20 years ago but rarely hear too much about today. Where players tougher then?


"I've been a bit unlucky with small injuries. I had a little bit of a small injury here and in the national team I also did. I'm really fine now and I'm just looking forward to scoring many and helping Spurs as much as possible. 
"I was playing with a small injury but every footballer has small injuries. I think everyone is the same, but every footballer has pain or little injuries. 
"I've also been travelling a lot with the national team. Now I can stay until maybe March to play here, training really well and recovering well and I think I feel fresher than in the last two months."

His goal against Swansea was his first in 11 games and hopefully now he is fitter we'll see more goals from him. He looks far more dangerous on the ball than Nacer Chadli used to be. You sense he can produce something special and he has on a few occasions, but you also fancy he will beat his man. he certainly gets to the byline more than many a player we have had playing wide.