The Discussion

Here is a message I received from an extremely passionate Spurs fan, via Facebook;


Aaron Barnes 18 May at 15:54
Hey!

Ok can't wait for next season!!! We've got Sandro already signed but I don't know much about him. I think we need a fast striker for when Defoe's out. Pav and Crouch just don't have pace. I think Keane maybe sold to finance any deals. I'm not sure we need too much more though.

We need to hang on to Bale and Modric. There's talk of Joe Cole, who I think is quality, but can he play in the same team as Modric? I don't know...

We'll have to see I guess...


Here's my response:

Jaymes Marsh 18 May at 16:01
Hi mate,

Give Sandro at least 2 seasons to bed in, and then some. Young players that come over from Brazil, normally take a good 18 months to adjust to life away from what they're used to.

The Modfather won't be going anywhere. Keane will be sold, as will Pavlyuchenko, Jenas, Taarabt (to Real Madrid or Barcelona; the lad just has to make up his mind where he wants to play :-), Dos Santos, O'Hara, Hutton, and Dervite.

Harry has been given assurances that he will have money to spend, plus the money we make from any sales. Therefore, you could be looking at a £50-60 million kitty! Is that enough though?

Woodgate may announce his retirement next month, so Harry may go in for Micah Richards. I still think we need a commanding central midfielder. So I would like Harry to buy big in that department. There's been some chatter on the forums in relation to us selling on Palacios, but I can't see that happening. The lad does need to learn to not give the ball away so much.

All in all, our squad is brewing with quality at the moment, so there really isn't any need for us to make wholesale changes.

Anyone you'd want us to sign? Be realistic though mate.

*********

In other news, Carlo Cudicini has signed for another year. I suppose that puts to bed any rumours of us signing David James (thank God!).

_________________________________________________

Follow our rants on Twitter
Read our latest Evening Standard Blog

Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....
Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!