Development of Young Players

Development of Young Players

Clinton Njie highlights a point I make in an article tonight about why quality players would want to come to Tottenham. In that, I discuss marketing the club and the image it has to other players. What is it Clinton Njie has said?
"Like every young player, it is not easy to leave a club that is also ambitious, but I think Tottenham has very, very good ambitions too. It was difficult for me but I think when Tottenham came along it was a good opportunity for me, so I just had to use the chance. 
"It is a club that is usually doing good in the English league and I think the coach here brings up very well young players. You can see that from Harry Kane last season and some other young guys that are doing well for themselves this season. 
"That was one of my reasons to come to Tottenham - to get a bit of progress and continue my career over in England."
I would describe Clinton Njie as a decent player with potential, I wouldn't say he is a top bracket player, perhaps Anthony Martial, a player we tried to sign, is I don't know. The development of youth is clearly the reason he joined, but better young players didn't join, we have to ask why not? 
For many at that age, it isn't about the wage it is developing their careers so they play ideally for the rest of their careers at UEFA Champions League level. Simply being in it as a club wouldn't be good enough to attract them, tonight's article discusses how we can attract the very top young talent. For now we will enjoy the development of what we have.