3 Points Today Please

Newcastle United are in town. Let's send them home with nothing. In fact, while we're at it, we may as well talk business with Ashley and sort Andy Carroll's transfer out here and now.

Having just come off of a massive 10-man victory at Aston Villa, a game in which I saw a Spurs side play the best they have away, under the circumstances, I'd think it not too bad of me to ask that they players put in the same shift against the Toon. Talking about Villa, let's be fair to them; they to were playing with 10 men, up until Gerard Houllier realised the gaffe he'd made and decided to rectify it by subbing Heskey.

What is it now, nine games unbeaten? Premier League contenders or great pretenders? Who knows? All I do know is that Rafa van der Vaart is unplayable. He also loves getting a goal or two at The Lane, therefore who's to say that we won't run riot against the barcodes? We all know Ashley wouldn't mind it if we took them apart, but then again, when has that bloke ever cared for Newcastle United?

I'll be watching their local hero Carroll quite closely today. It's the first time I'll be able to see the lad play live, so here's to hoping that he doesn't disappoint, although I hope he blunders every chance. Judging by what a few pundits have said, he could really give our defence a hammering, therefore I am ever so grateful Dawson has returned and is gradually finding his feet and his head. Oh how I missed those headed clearances.

THBN Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 5-2 Newcastle United



Subscribe to THBN

Read our latest Evening Standard Blog


Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....

Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!