Mickey Mouse Cup

Yep, that's what the Arsenal contingent in the office are calling it. Scared are we?

I remember the 5-1 night like it was only yesterday. In my 22 years of going to The Lane, I have never witnessed another night like it. If you were there, you to would have felt the ground beneath your feet shake and tremble. You would have tasted an atmosphere like none other.

Even with Harry ringing in the changes, I can see us dominating the game and winning it comfortably. It'll be a great chance for us to see just how well Sandro is bedding in and we'll have a better look at the rejuvenated Hutton as well as other fringe players.

Matt Law of the Express has said that Harry could be in for a shock when he sees the Arsenal starting eleven. I hope they bring their first team. It'll just add to a greater ear bashing tomorrow morning.

Calling the Carling Cup a Mickey Mouse Cup is just a preemptive strike by the Arsenal faithful. Oh how they wish they could have had their hands on some silverware. Has it been five years already?

THBN Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 4-2 Arsenal



Nonsense Stat of the Day
Tottenham are the only club to have a fixture list comprising of 6 clubs that start with the same letter:

  1. Wigan
  2. West Brom
  3. Werder Bremen
  4. Wolves
  5. Woolwich Wanderers
  6. West Ham
Courtesy of Chappers' Podcast

PS. I'd like to give a big shout out to all the Spurs fans in New York City. I watched the Werder Bremen match with a passionate Spurs fan (his name escapes me) in O'Neill's (I couldn't get to Perdition unfortunately). Your hospitality was second to none.


Follow our rants on Twitter

Read our latest Evening Standard Blog


Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....

Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!