Article Explained

By Jaymes Marsh

I wrote the article yesterday evening and feel it would be right to comment seeing that some of you misunderstood the message I was trying to convey.

I to understand that the board have a lot to answer for. That's a given, hence me not writing anything about them.

I can't though, find it in me to point the entirety of this debacle on Damien Comolli. That comment may well bemuse a lot of you.

The real reason is that I don't think anyone of us truly knows or understands what Mr. Comolli's role at the club is? None of us here can state with an absolute certainty that the mess we are in is duly down to Comolli.

What we can categorically state, is that Juande Ramos has simply not delivered. The facts speak for themselves.

Who did what and what went wrong is now irrelevant. What happens on the pitch is what matters.

Managers are paid to manage. They are not solely paid to instruct their bosses which players they would like. It is the job of Juande Ramos and his chosen coaching staff to enhance, train, motivate, and instruct their players to perform and get results.

Simply put, the facts show that Ramos has not got the best out of the players that are at his disposal.

And as I stated in the article, excuses wear thin. Results last the distance.

The club have stated that they will all pull together in this time of need. The factual truth of the matter is that the club will remain by Ramos' side given that results improve. Some commented giving Ramos until the end of the season. I agree, as long as results advance and the crisis we find ourselves in evaporates. If though, this current trend continues, I believe comments like that will fall on deaf ears.

I honestly hope he gets it right and we start performing, but if things remain as they are, I can see the fans seriously turning on him; something they have yet to do.

Next up; Stoke, away. Probably Ramos' biggest game of his short Tottenham Hotspur career.