De Boer - I want to speak to Spurs

Frank de Boer wants to speak to Spurs after the club made a formal approach to Ajax to speak to their manager as we mentioned on Monday. While other sides were jumping on the wrong story we pointed out De Boer couldn't say anything until Tottenham make a formal approach.

De Boer - I want to speak to Spurs


Tottenham have now made that formal approach according to De Boer after requesting permission from Ajax Director of Football Marc Overmars to speak to their manager.

Frank de Boer has made it clear to Ajax that he wants to speak to Tottenham. He has a contract until 2017 but has previously expressed that he could see himself managing Tottenham.

His older twin brother Ronald De Boer who coaches the youth at Ajax and usually coaches where his twin brother manages, told Dutch media that his brother had turned down Tottenham in January.

"Frank has already denied Liverpool and Tottenham," he told talkSPORT. "Tottenham wanted to take him in January, but Frank said no.
"He also said no to Liverpool last year. He thought he was still not ready and wanted to learn more.
"Now he’s ready though. We’ll have to wait and see (what offers he gets).
"It's important for Frank to get the right club otherwise he won't leave Ajax. He's very happy there."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/de-boer-turned-down-liverpool-tottenham-says-brother#ywHuuXOFjwpJDulJ.99
"Frank has already denied Liverpool and Tottenham. Tottenham wanted to take him in January, but Frank said no.

"He also said no to Liverpool last year. He thought he was still not ready and wanted to learn more.

"Now he’s ready though. We’ll have to wait and see (what offers he gets).

"It's important for Frank to get the right club otherwise he won't leave Ajax. He's very happy there."

Frank de Boer has given Daniel Levy hope he will get his man by telling the BBC World Football Show at the beginning of February that Tottenham was a possibility.

"Those two clubs [Liverpool or Tottenham] are clubs that I think in the future I could be a manager of.

"I think the history of the clubs and what you can do with the team is my cup of tea.

"I'm not really thinking about it because I'm very happy here at Ajax. I'm not in a hurry to leave because everybody is still happy with me.

"I step in my car with a big smile to go to the club. I don't think I'm finished here but there will come a time when I don't like it any more or the club doesn't like me anymore.

"Then we have to go both ways."
"My future? I'm fine at Ajax," he told Dutch public broadcaster Nederlandse Omroep Stichting.
"If there is a need to address this issue, we'll see what happens.
"But at the moment I can assure everyone that my departure is not to be expected."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/de-boer-planning-ajax-stay#946T9BkS1CF7iKit.99
This week the former Dutch international has told the press in Holland that after the last game he wants to be able to speak to Spurs.

"When Tottenham are coming, I want to listen, after 3 May, to what they have to say."
"It is clear that they have to have good plans. I would not leave Ajax for nothing. But Spurs are a club that I feel good about. They play good football.

"They have made their interest clear to Marc Overmars and, after the last match, I am going to think about this possibility. I am going to talk and listen and, after that, I will let my feelings speak."
"I want to add something to a club, something which people can say: 'That's the hand of Frank De Boer.'" 

"Liverpool is a nice example of that, with what Brendan Rodgers is doing right now."
 If we get our man I for one will be delighted, proven with youth, a winner who plays attractive football, fits Spurs like a glove.