Tom Huddlestone speaking about his move to Hull City

Tom Huddlestone has been speaking to the club after his £5.25 million move to Hull City.

“These are obviously very exciting times for the club and for me,” said Huddlestone.

“Hopefully I can come here, cement my place in the starting eleven and do well for the club.

“There were a few teams interested in signing me, but I had the chance to speak to Steve Bruce. I liked his ideas, the role he saw for me within the team and how he wants the team to play. Speaking to the manager here was the thing that made my mind up to come here really.

“The main objective here is totally different to what it is at Tottenham. Here, I think if we finish 15th or 16th we will see it as a good season because our main objective is to stay in the division and then build on that in the future.

“Hopefully I can bring a bit of experience to the side. I’m fairly comfortable on the ball and have a good passing range which is probably the strongest part of my game.”

“I’ll be ready to train on Thursday and then we’ll see what the manager decides to do,” said Huddlestone.

“Games don’t come much bigger than Chelsea away, especially with Mourinho’s return and everything else that goes with it.”

He hopes playing regularly he'll be able to catch Roy Hodgson's eye.

“If I can play regularly in the Premier League it can help,” added Huddlestone.

“I think after six or seven games for Tottenham last season, Roy Hodgson put me back in the England squad which was a bonus in itself.

“So if I can play a full season here, play well with the team playing well I don’t see why it can’t happen again.”

Best of luck Tom.


Subscribe to THBN