Pavlyuchenko to be shipped off?

Erwin Staudt, the Stuttgart President, last night said that his club are still very much interested in signing a striker after the deal to sign Klass-Jan Huntelaar feel through.

"We are interested in a few forwards and have made enquiries for Roman Pavlyuchenko and other players that we feel can lift the club".

I actually would like us to keep Pavlyuchenko. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he's like this season.

The only problem I can foresee is his sell-on fee. If he doesn't get the games (and I can't see him starting that many), his value will drop. Stuttgart apparently bid around £10 million for him last month, only to be knocked back by Levy (who spent £13.8 million on bringing him to Spurs).

If he doesn't play that often, how much do you think he'll go for next season? Less than £10 million? I think so.

So from a financial point of view, maybe Harry and Levy do want to be shot of him now. If he does go, I think we should give Obika a go. Let's let our youth flourish!