Opening Day Coverage

Spurs season ticket holder & new THBN columnist, Chris Rowning, will be at the game against Boro today and will be reporting on our opening day exploits (via his Blackberry).

We've read (as I am sure have most of you) that Berbatov has handed in a transfer request.

If Dimi does start for us today, then I can't see the story the Sun published as being accurate. After all, why play a player that clearly doesn't want to play for you?

What I do feel is true, is that Arshavin will sign for us soon, therefore allowing Berbatov to move to Old Trafford.

I do think that it's 'when' and not 'if' Berbatov will leave Tottenham Hotspur.

When Dimi leaves, we'll definitely need another striker in though as Pekhart surely isn't ready for first-team action.

I would personally like us to bid for Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz. He's 27, well built, has proven Premier League experience and class and would cost around £17 million.