Jose in for Jol?


By Costas Georgiou

I'll start off this article by setting the record straight; I am part of the 'Jol-Out Movement'. I am sick and tired of hiding behind the fact that Martin Jol is a nice guy with a big heart. That maybe so, but being nice doesn't get you results. Being the boss does. Replacing players when they're not performing does. Being tactically astute does.

One man that has all the above characteristics is Jose Mourinho. For me, Mourinho is the type of manager Spurs need if they really are realistic about winning things.

Fact: Jose Mourinho has won things with Porto (Champions League for instance) and Chelsea. He is a born winner. I would like anyone to challenge me into saying he's not, or that "he's only won things at Chelsea due to their superior investment in playing staff".

Now that I have got that off my chest, I come to the title of this article; Jose in for Jol?

It's a no-brainer isn't it? Who wouldn't like Mourinho to replace Jol? Even the three Pro-Jol campaigners here at THBN (unfortunately, I am not authorised to tell you who they are) would be hard pressed to find reasons why they wouldn't want the 'Special One' to replace Martin Jol.

I hope Mr. Levy and the gang forget this Ramos business and turn their balding heads toward Belgrave Square, the residence of the Mourinho household.

I do see a snag in this whole business though. Chelsea, like Spurs, have a Sporting Director. In fact, they have two; one they nicked from us and the other one they nicked from Portsmouth.

I am sure Mourinho would welcome a move to Spurs, as it means his family, who are now fully settled in London, won't need to be uprooted. I am also sure that any move for Jose would rely on him being the main man at the club; meaning there would be no one above him, such as Damien Comolli, signing players.

Daniel Levy will have to prepare Mr. Comolli's P45 in a jiffy if any deal with the Portuguese manager is to happen.

PS. Please prepare Mr. Jol's P45 too.