Praise For Routledge

By Jaymes Payten-Marsh
For THBN

Crystal Palace manager Iain Dowie is backing Tottenham Hotspur's new signing Wayne Routledge in becoming a 'top player' down at the Lane.

Dowie said: "I have got a lot time for Wayne. He has been a fantastic player - he played every game since I've been here. He is going to be a top player in my opinion, and we wish him every success. It is a shame we couldn't tempt him to stay, but it is one of those things. There are no recriminations from me. I would have liked him to stay and I think it would have been in his best interests to stay, but that is just my thinking."

He went on to add:

"I'm sure Spurs supporters will be very happy to get a player of that quality for that money."

Spurs fans are anxious to see what Routledge will offer the club. With the £4 million departure of Simon Davies to Everton, a void has been left open on the right side of midfield.

Othernew boyss, Aaron Lennon, Finish international, Temu Tainio and Pedro Mendes are all capable of playing on the right hand side of the midfield. It seems as though Routledge will have some tough competition, which can only be healthy to a club like Tottenham.