Mendes To Stay

By Jaymes Payten-Marsh
For THBN

Tottenham's Portuguese midfield maestro is to stay at the club. Pedro Mendes told friends recently:

"I am very happy at Tottenham. The players and coach have made it very easy for me to settle in. My family and I do miss Portugal, but not the cooking as my wife is a very good cook and so I still have a little bit of home with me here.

"I played the beginning of last season in the center, but then played on the right. I am prepared to play in any position the coach [Martin Jol] wants me in. The new season will be better, as the players have come to know each others strengths, and we have all become close friends".

This is very good news for most Spurs fans. Many of them view the cultured midfielder as the most technically gifted player at the club.

We all wish him luck on the coming season.