Should Spurs Cash In on Pedro Porro?

Should Tottenham Sell Porro To Real Madrid and Buy a Replacement?

Pedro Porro

Pedro Porro is the only player I'd say Ange Postecoglou trusts at right-back in the Premier League at the moment.

Obviously, there is Archie Gray who has played there in Europe and is being eased into first-team football.

Now Tottenham have a young squad because young players take on new ideas and can grow together as a team.

So the question is, when is the optimum time to sell the experienced player?

Football is a business and a club has to be run as such, so whether the fans like it or not, players have to be sold, preferably at a high price and bought at a lower price.

Making money on transfers is an essential part of the equation.

Yes, you must be trying to maximize your chances of winning a trophy, but you also have to look at developing a squad or a position while doing that.

Is a player indispensable?

No.

Is Perdo Porro indispensable?

No.

Given Real Madrid are interested and their right-back Dani Carvajal has a serious cruciate ligament injury, they might be interested in him in January.

Porro told Relevo during this international break that he would be happy to join Real Madrid, well let's face it, which Spaniard wouldn't.

How do you react to Real Madrid's interest?
"You have to be focused on your job, but, well, the fact that Real Madrid are interested in you is because you are doing well. That's my way of thinking day by day. If that moment has to come, it will come. And if it doesn't come, we continue working as we have done so far."

Would you feel ready to wear the merengue jersey?
"Yes, I'm ready. Obviously yes, because as I said, I try to work and give my best every day. If tomorrow I have the chance to make the leap in quality, I'll be ready. I'll have much more experience. If you had told me years ago, I would have answered that I wasn't. I'm sincere. Because I'm sincere. Let's see what happens.".

So, should Spurs cash in and replace him?

Apart from a few superstars, Tottenham have a history of keeping players for too long, some of which are simply because we can't get rid of them, like Sergio Reguilón.

Only a few clubs can afford big fees and Real Madrid is one of them so if they come in for a player like Pedro Porro, not a superstar, not essential, shouldn't we negotiate a profit on him and seek a replacement, who let's face it will cost less.

That helps with other transfers.

Will it affect our ability to win?

No, not really, not once the replacement is up to speed with their role.

If we were to get £55-60m I'd take it all day long, spend £20-25 on a replacement giving us cash for a left-back too.

Where are we going to play Archie Gray, right-back or midfield?

I see him as a midfielder, but our right-backs play in midfield too.

Your thoughts.

COYS