The Tottenham Way Under Conte

It has been a while possums, but I thought I'd return with some more insights.

Why have I been away, well, not because I have been unwell, no I have my health under some sort of control, but because I have been putting together what I expect to be a 7-figure profitable business.

To begin any project, like the one I have begun or the one Antonio Conte has undertaken at Tottenham, requires a strategy. Without a clear direction you are just wandering aimlessly with hope, which is much how many of our supporters advocate the club should be run.

I have picked my niche, I have determined various revenue streams, both from people interested in my offerings and also those not interested.

I have determined how everything fits together (strategy) and devised several major marketing streams, any one of which might take off into it's own 7-figure income stream.

Now, because I know how everything fits together, because I know the bigger picture, I can see that each little piece I do, that may be uninspiring in itself, is achieving something, is important in it's own right, I can see how it help achieve the end goal and that gives motivation in itself.

That is exactly what Daniel Levy has in place at Tottenham and exactly what Antonio Conte has in place at Tottenham.

I'm going to take you back to what Antonio Conte said when he first arrived at Tottenham because it is revealing and looking back you might be able to better grasp what he was saying.

He was talking about a winning mentality, which most people in life don't have.

"This aspect we have to work to improve. It's not easy because you have to work every day and you don't invent the winning mentality."

This should inform everyone that a winning mentality is not simply turning up to a football game in your local park at the weekend and try to win.

"It's impossible to invent. It's impossible to pay for because it doesn't cost any money for a winning mentality, but I think you have to take the right people to bring this winning mentality into the club."

You can buy players who already have a winning mentality, but the problem is many a player will say the right thing but when it comes down to the push and shove, it isn't there. There are complaints, downing tools, not working to improve every day, becoming obsessed with outside influences like social media and image.

Dele Alli springs to mind, a player who had a winning mentality to get to the top and then thought he didn't have to keep looking to improve, a player who took his eye off the ball, became interested in his image, social media and basically, just turning up on na Sunday afternoon at the park to try and win.

He became one of you and you see the result, he can't perform at the level of ability he has because mentally he doesn't have a winning mentality anymore.

He doesn't have that internal drive, he can say all the right things, but it isn't there and he desperately needs a sports psychologist to help him find it again, if he even wants to find it and I mean really want to find it.

Used correctly, I can't tell you how important the first team sports psychologist is. As I have said before, it should be a compulsory part of training, mentality sessions, they make the difference between Dele then and Dele now for every player.

Everybody needs a top up every now and then.

Marcus Edwards, another player that didn't have a winning mentality so never became the player he could have been. Too many youngsters today want it now, they don't want to put in the effort to achieve it, they want a short cut, which in marketing terms is not different than the man in the street looking for the easy way to make money online, the quick way, the magic shiny button way, if it's too much effort they can't be bothered.

"You have to start every day with this type of mentality. You have to start to think about football for many hours of your life to improve results, to win.

"To start to think that: 'OK, I want to win but I know that it means sacrifice, it means to suffer. It means to work very hard.'

"You have to dedicate yourself to football. And if you start to think in this way, it means you want to become a winner, otherwise YOU WILL STAY AT YOUR MEDIUM LEVEL."

Well that just backs up everything I have been saying for years, the difference between a winning mentality and you Sunday morning footballers who think you have one.

"On the pitch we need to change many, many things. It can't happen in a short time. I must speak honestly. Organisation on the pitch, tactics, physical condition."

Again you hear our fans complaining after a couple of games, after a month, demonstrating they haven't a clue when it comes to building success, yet these are the people who shout the loudest.

"This is a big challenge. I know very well that this club is not winning for many years - but I am here to build to win. Now there is a gap with at least four teams.

"At the moment, I can't tell you this team is ready to fight for the title. I need time but I'm not scared because I always work very hard to reach the target and to enjoy a title with the club."

You ought to be able to grasp from all that that if you are moaning about spending, if you are moaning constantly about the club you are not helping and you don't have a winning mentality.

With six games to go and Arsenal beating Chelsea the pressure is on, given we have Liverpool to play yet. The easier games become harder with mental pressure and that pressure builds with each game.

Do the players really need you guys on their back right now or do they need your support?

Answer that and you'll determine what sort of fan you are.

COYS