Untrained Refs - It was a RED

Untrained Refs - It was a RED

Fleck-stamp-on-Lo-Celso


Before I start I'll give a quick health update, bloody awful.

OK so it's not that bad, just can't breathe properly, lungs still have fluid in them I can tell, so can't take a full breath each time and the body therefore lacks oxygen.

What does that mean, well, it means the energy levels are down, sometime a tortoise could beat me in a race, I get shaky, cold, mentally slower, confused, you don't feel all there.

You can't lie down as that blocks airways, or it feels like it does and mentally you have to get up or sit up as I did this morning and doze.

Standing is best but after a period sitting I'll feel as though I'm getting more air and I don't have to pant.

Now writing that lot leads me to adding to this already written post, yes this bit is the added last bit I'm writing. 

I go back and write a trivial beginning, not that my health is trivial.

A lack of oxygen, read again what I experience and now think there are times when a footballer is not 100%, a blocked nose, a cold, their body would not be getting the oxygen it needs to perform at the very high level it does.

Thus performance, decision making would drop, but we as a fan don't know the condition of a player so we can't take that into account.

Fans think players are robots anyway.

It takes 2 days for the body to recover from a game and 3 days to prepare for another game so no player should be playing more than once every 6 days for optimum performance.

Anything more and performance will suffer.

OK, onto the subject of today's post.

The Sheffield United game, which was a joy to watch, brought something to my attention.

The stamp by Fleck on Lo Celso's head was deliberate.

No ifs, no buts, deliberate.

Anyone who knows what they are looking at can tell you that but 99% don't know what they are looking at and the referee, plus the VAR team don't either.

In an incident like this, body language is everything.

Firstly put yourself in Fleck's shoes, did he do EVERYTHING to avoid stamping on Lo Celso's head?

NO, he did nothing.

He stamped him and tried to make it look like an accident.

He managed to con the ref.

Having stamped on his head, what did he do?

What would you do, what would anyone do?

This is the key, his reaction.

Does he throw his arms up in horror, sorrow, in an oh my god I'm so sorry reaction?

Does his hands cover his mouth?

Does he go immediately to Lo Celso?

Does he do anything you would do if you had ACCIDENTALLY stamped on someones head and scraped your boots down his face?

Does he fuck, he does nothing.

Fleck-stamp-on-Lo-Celso


He could have blinded him in one eye.

It was that close to his eye.

That, as any body language expert will tell you, is guilt plain and simple.

He knew exactly what he was doing and he should have been sent off...

But, the referees having had any of this BASIS body language training.

Surely in these situations it is important they know what they are looking at?

They don't.

Are the football experts going to look at things in this obvious way?

No, not one of them.

This, quite frankly, is the discussion the football experts should be having after the game.

This should be the subject of Monday Night Football.

It's a programme all on its own.

It would raise awareness.

It would be interesting.

It would create debate.

It takes little old me to see beyond your journalists, football experts, officials, rule makers and state the obvious...

Or what should be obvious.

There you go, just a quick ditty today.

COYS