Orient and Transfer Talk


The official statement from Orient, we await further news.

Bale on Reguilón: "He's an exciting young player, he's an exciting young left-back, very energetic, loves attacking and a great delivery. He's a great signing and a great addition to the squad and I think everyone will enjoy watching him."

"I always thought when I did leave that one day I would love to come back. The opportunity now has arisen and I feel like it's a good time for me. I'm hungry, I'm motivated, I want to do well for the team and I can't wait to get started."
Gareth Bale

Daniel Levy has placed a £70 million (€76.27m - US$89.59m) price on Dele Alli's head and naturally nobody is interested in him at that price.

Undoubtedly been priced so he isn't sold and to push any offers higher than they would otherwise be.

The player is there, he just needs motivation and a team has a star but would he be a star at the level of team that could afford him and who he would want to play for?

Bayern Munich won the UEFA Champions League with a team that cost less than £80m (€87.17m - US$102.35m) to put together reportedly, not something I have checked but that puts £70m for one player into perspective.

Jessie Lingard is still being talked about but as I said in previous posts, he was offered to us, he is not someone we are looking to buy.

The speculation that he could replace Dele Alli is just that, speculation from journalists.

Tottenham have been told today that Wolfsburg want £32.11m (€35m - US$41.11m) to sell Dutch striker Wout Weghorst.

Cameron Carter-Vickers sale to Bournemouth will have a sell-on clause.

I'd expect him to play tonight to give others in the squad a rest during this hectic schedule.

Not easy to pick a team but these guys would give most players a rest ahead of Thursday, taking Bergwijn off at half-time or after an hour.

One option would be to bring on Cirkin, move Sessegnon forward wide left, move Lamela central and Dele up front where he should get some opportunities to score.

Not ideal as he isn't a striker and looked lost the one game in pre-season when he played there, but this is simply about winning and getting through the tie without tiring players out.

Hart
Aurier Foyth Carter-Vickers Sessegnon
White Gedson
Clarke Dele Lamela
Bergwijn

Subs: Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Cirkin, Sissoko, Bowden, Moura, Stirling

If the game is called off as seems likely that will scupper dele's chances of getting some game time!