No Interest In or from Gollini


No Interest In or from Gollini



According to Tuttosport, Tottenham management are planning a serious move for 25-year-old (26 next March) Italian international (1 cap) goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini.

Italian news outlet TMW says; "While Atalanta are still pondering over whether to consider handing him out or not, former Manchester United development area and Aston Villa stopper might be willing to head back to the English scene."

Well he was interviewed and asked whether he would return to England in November 2019, this is what he had to say;

“I much prefer Italy. A return to England?  I don’t think so. Is it everyone’s dream? I never said it was mine.

“Maybe they dream of it because they haven’t been there. In Manchester, my English teacher told me that I was the foreigner who had integrated the best, but it’s not a world for me.

“There is no group there. You go on the pitch like you go to the office. I noticed it especially at Aston Villa.”

He left Aston Villa in the summer of 2018 but unless he has had a big change of heart I don't think we will be seeing him at Spurs. He is in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League, why would he leave Italy?

My news?

From what I am told we have not made any move for him and this is just a journalist speculating with all the usual regurgitation website picking up on it and all writing the same story from the same content with no research of their own.