Tottenham Transfer Talk - Another Amateurish Window


Tottenham Transfer Talk - Another Amateurish Window


You have heard me bang on about it, mentality, because it is everything in top-level sports so it was nice to hear Jose Mourinho inform the gathered journalists of that at the pre-Middlesbrough press conference.

He informed then that whether he wanted to or not, a player in Christian Eriksen's position can not give their best.

If you ask me if I think this is the best Christian Eriksen, I have to be honest and say no. If you ask me the reasons if I know the reasons, I'm not an idiot. 
"I am in football for many years and I know clearly that a player in this situation is not a player that, even if he wants, I'm not blaming the player, I'm not criticizing the player, I'm just saying that is normal that a player in this in this situation doesn't perform at the highest level. 
"But, I can also say that he's helping us in matches that he is playing with us. He had positive performances, he had positive contributions if I remember for example the game against Olympiakos which was a fundamental match for us to qualify.  
"We were losing 2-0 and he come to the game and he gave us things, same against Norwich, he had very good performance against Norwich. 
"I also think the same as you probably think, I also think probably what our fans thought in the game, he didn't have a very good performance against Liverpool, I have to agree with that"

It is impossible because the brain doesn't allow it, it keeps something back, it protects, thus the player is always partially in his protective shell.

Mentality controls absolutely everything, motivation, fitness, performance, training, improvement, success, failure, everything.

It dictates what you do at all times, thus mentality must be developed to create and build all the things you want in a player and team.

When you scout a player, you can't really scout his mentality, well you can if you employ a professional to do so, but scouts just talk to players, coaches, friends, anyone around him to get a feeling for a potential signings mentality.

They are amateurs guessing, thus when their guess is wrong a transfer doesn't work out, but why in this day and age, with players and players wages as expensive as they are ( a package for one player can come to over £100m) why are we relying on amateurs guessing!

That is how it is done and how it has always been done, but it is amateurish and something we should most definitely change. The benefits of doing so and using professionals are enormous.

Improving your success rate in the transfer market saves a club a fortune in reduced transfer fees as you wouldn't have to buy so many players and when you did sell them they would be worth more.