Mourinho Is On My Wavelength, Now The Players Need To Join Us


Mourinho Is On My Wavelength, Now The Players Need To Join Us


I have written several pieces about the difference between the masses and those of us with a winning mentality. About how you behave before and after a game, about how you behave when simply playing a game of pool in the pub. 

At all times you play to win, not for fun, fun comes after you have won. When you lose then, well with me, teammates would avoid me until I had analysed everything in my head while it was still fresh.

In his first press conference, just 11 minutes into it, Jose Mourinho was saying the same thing.

"When I don't win I can not be happy and I can not change that in my DNA and I hope I can influence the players to not be happy without winning football matches.

"If you are happy losing football matches. it is difficult to be a winner in any moment of your career, that's a basic principle. 

"But the emotional control to keep the self-esteem, to keep confidence in yourself, to show confidence to the others who work with you and around you, I think this is a very very important principle." 

That tells you the mentality of the players is not right, that he has seen that and that that is one area he wants to work on. Praise the Lord.

How long have I been shouting for this. No journalist has told you the difference between a winning mentality and your mentality. I understand fully what Mourinho is talking about, it's far deeper than journalists grasp.

A very recent post talked about confidence issues so I'm certainly happier about his appointment after his press conference than before.

COYS