Kyle Walker-Peters Chance To Prove Himself


Kyle Walker-Peters Chance To Prove Himself

Kyle-Walker-Peters

I make no secret of the fact that I am not a Kyle Walker-Peters fan, Pochettino is though and will assess him in pre-season to determine whether we need to bring in a right-back or not.

That isn't new, he has done the same with several players over the last few summers.

My issue with Walker-Peters is his ability to beat a man one-on-one when in an attacking situation. With space, I have no issue with him, but I haven't seen the explosivity over five yards from a standing start yet.

When one-on-one in attack, if you stop the defender, shimmy and then push the ball past him, you need to beat him over those five yards to get in your cross, which then has to be decent. It is the ability Jack \clarke has and why I see him as an exciting addition when he arrives.

If Walker-Peters can develop that then that would be significant progress so he is one to watch pre-season. He will have an opportunity and it will be down to him to take it.


Let's see if he can prove me wrong.

COYS