Alderweireld replacement, Vertonghen on crutches


Toby Alderweireld is wanted by Juventus and Jan Vertonghen has suffered an ankle injury

Jan-Vertonghen

Juventus are interested in signing Toby Alderweireld this summer and he may well be interested with the almost guarantee of Italian titles and domestic cups.

Spurs have been looking at a number of players, possibly with Jochim Andersen of Sampdoria top of the list. We have also been scouting 22-year-old (23 in July) Garmany Under-21 international and Freiburg central defender Robin Koch.

Jan Vertonghen has picked up an ankle injury. The Belgian centre-back didn't come out to celebrate with the fans after the game. He suffered the injury during the first half. The final is on the 1st June so he has 3 weeks to recover.

Vertonghen left the Johan Cruijff Arena through a back gate with the right foot in a protective brace and on crutches. VTM News managed to take a picture. “Tomorrow we will know if I will be fit for the final, but the first tests were not bad," Vertonghen admitted.

"I got a slap in the first half, My ankle is completely swollen. I played on adrenaline in the second half, but I couldn't stand on my ankle after that. Tomorrow a scan is planned and then I will do more, but the injury is not a consequence of the afterparty, no. Whether I will get fit in time for the final we will know that tomorrow. But the first tests were not bad today. I have hope. It is still 3.5 weeks. "

COYS