Pochettino vs The Cry Babies


Pochettino vs The Cry Babies


Pochettino: "In football, you have two options. To cry, or to see a possibility for another player to step up or to play in a different way. I choose the second option."

Our Argentinian coach has a winning mentality, cry babies don't.

That message he has given there is the message I have been explaining. People don't like to hear they don't understand, but I'm afraid those without a winning mentality simply don't.

They have never experienced it, it is more than just trying to win a football game, it is a whole approach. 99% of you turn up, try your best and hope to win. That is NOT a winning mentality. You are trying to win, you may expect to win if you are in a good team, you may keep winning, but that is NOT a winning mentality.

I'll say it again, winning is a by-product of having a winning mentality.

A winning mentality is how you mentally approach your sport. You never miss a training session.

I once walked 10 miles to a coaching course as I felt it would improve my game, I once walked 24 miles to take a coaching session with equipment.


You do whatever it takes.

You never miss a training session, you are never late for a training session, training is too important, it's where you improve. If there is something you specifically want to work on, you do extra by yourself. You turn up early or stay late.

I would turn up 30 minutes before anyone else before a game to do my own practice so I wasn't starting cold, I was already tuned in and yes, while on the field I wanted to win, intensely. You avoided me after the game if we lost. I was a bear with a sore head working out why we lost.

That is a winning mentality.

Not having a laugh and a joke, forgotten almost instantly. That is someone trying to win, but don't confuse that with a winning mentality because it simply isn't one and 99% have that.

Crying that the club are not doing things the way clubs with more money are doing things isn't a winning mentality, don't confuse it with one.

Crying because we are not changing our long-term plan to panic buy for a few weeks or ignoring the fact we have midfielders returning, isn't a winning mentality, don't confuse it with one.

We are embarked on a path, if you are a supporter then you should be supporting that path, understanding it and looking beyond your tired and outdated agendas.

For one fan yesterday to try and tell me we haven't improved on the pitch is quite unbelievable.


COYS