Vorm enjoying the big club life



After an indifferent start to his time at Spurs Michel Vorm has settled down t become a reliable understudy to captain Hugo Lloris. No longer is there apprehension when you see his name on the teamsheet.

Michel signed from Swansea because he wanted to see what it was like to be a part of a big club, he said at the time and the fact that he has signed an extension shows he must be enjoying the experience.

“I feel respected by the squad and I’m the oldest in the group as well, so that’s special in the way that you try to help the younger lads - not only the goalkeepers, but also the outfield players in achieving big things. 
"To keep Hugo sharp too - I think that goes very well. The respect that I get from the staff and the connection I’ve got with everybody, especially with (goalkeeping coach) Toni Jimenez and the other goalkeepers – that makes me very happy. 
“It’s special (to sign a new contract). When you come here you have expectations but you don’t really know what’s going to happen, although over the years I think I’ve done well on every level in the club and I think it’s very important for me to see how it is to be at a big club. 
“The fact that I can extend my contract here is very positive. I’m very happy here, my family is very happy and I’ve got a lot of respect for the staff and the players. To be honest, I can’t name a negative point.”

You can read his full comments at the Official Spurs Website.


Over 200 Spurs articles available at Tottenham Hotspur News