Wimmer blew his chance


Mauricio Pochettino left Kevin Wimmer out of the 18 for the Bayer Leverkusen match and questioned the standards of the media.

"Why are you confused? You are creating an issue that doesn't exist. You say it's a big problem for the supporters and media are very concerned. His situation was (he was) out of the 18 players. I need to take a decision about that. 
"When did I tell you he wasn't in my plans? I'm very honest with you. When a player is not in my plans, I tell you quickly but first I tell the player. He's in my plans. 
"When I put him on the bench, another player needs to be put out. Tell me which player you'd switch with him?"

That sums up the big problem we have with the media in this country and indeed websites reporting Tottenham news. They want to create a drama or a crisis out of nothing. You can't put two centre-backs on the bench and Cameron Carter-Vickers has more potential than Wimmer, who is very left-footed.

When you are given a start, you have to grab the opportunity, that's what winners do. Yet Wimmer was poor last night, outperformed by Carter-Vickers, fully justifying Pochettino's decision to prefer the American youngster born in England.

If you are gonna give it big about not playing, make sure you turn up when given the chance!

Kevin Wimmer summoning his inner Clad Chirices with that performance tonight

Also, what on earth happened to Kevin Wimmer? Looked a shadow of the player he was last season 😕

Kevin Wimmer has proved tonight Poch knows best. Been so far off the mark, very disappointing performance from him

Got to admire Kevin Wimmer's dedication to wanting out of Spurs

Remember when Kevin Wimmer was really good? I preferred that.