Umtiti flattered by Pochettino interest

Umtiti Flattered by Pochettino Interest

Umtiti flattered by Pochettino interest

Tottenham have been linked with a move for 22-year-old (23 in November) Samuel Umtiti, the left-footed central defender or left-back at Lyon.

He was asked about the interst of Tottenham but suggested Barcelona or Real Madrid as his preferred options.

It's flattering that Pochettino is interested in me, it's a coach I appreciate and his team is performing. I want to finish the season well, that's my priority. I look at all the championships but I think the Spanish league is over me, over my qualities. I like it so much Barça than Real. "

With Jan Vertonghen and Kevin Wimmer having proved themselves in the Premier League a left-footed central defender is not top ofour priority list, we require a right-footed player to replace Federico Fazio and play the diagonal balls that Michael Dawson and now Toby Alderweireld plays.

Amazing how people used to complain when Dawson played them but not when Alderweireld plays them, rather shows a lack of understanding of the game. Dawson didn't have Dele Alli making runs to pick out but the principle of switching play to a player in space is the same.