Will we see Dele Alli tonight?


After starting only 3 Premier League games, Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli has been called up to the England squad, no doubt to secure his nationality with Nigeria circling for him.

Alli will have to come on as a sub in one of the two games for that to happen and given his ability and potential that is almost certain to happen I believe. England don't have a large pool of players and simply can't afford the risk of losing him to another nation.


"I haven't played at Wembley yet, it would be a dream come true to play there for England. I went to watch MK at Wembley in the JPT years ago. They won it, so I only have good memories so far.
"It would be surreal [to play at Wembley]. I'm really looking forward to it, to the challenge. I'll just keep working as hard as I can in training and hopefully I can get some minutes on Friday. 
"The manager at Tottenham spoke to me the day before we played Monaco and asked if I wanted to play for the Under-19s in the Euros. I obviously said I would if I could, but I thought I was too old. 
"When [the senior squad] was officially announced I was in the hotel in Monaco preparing for the game so didn't want to think about it too much and didn't want to look at my phone. I had a look after the game, though, and all my friends had texted me and I spoke to my family straight away."

England are a bit of a mirror of Tottenham at the moment, both have young sides that are expected to grow together.