Coach and players reaction

A quick round up of what the coach, Mauricio Pochettino had to say and the players but we'll start with former striker Roberto Soldado keeping an eye on us.



Good to see Roberto Soldado following how we get on - "Amazing goal!!! Well done Ryan Mason"

Mauricio Pochettino - “I’m very pleased with the effort of our players, I thought they were fantastic. The first half was an open game, full of energy from both sides and difficult to play, but we fixed some problems and dominated the second half. We fully deserved the victory. We scored a fantastic goal, a collective goal. This is the way we want to play."

Mauricio Pochettino on Son Hueng-min -  "I'm happy with him today. He will just need time to develop his game".

Mauricio Pochettino on Ryan Mason - “It was a great goal and he was unlucky. We hope it’s not a big problem. It’s a knock on his knee and we’ll assess it tomorrow.”

Hugo Lloris - "The spirit was great. We were aggressive. The spirit is the key if you want to get results."

Son Heung-min - "It was amazing to make my debut. I can definitely play better. I'm very happy we've got our first win."

Dele Alli - "We're delighted to get the win. We were all up on our feet on the bench.  I was over the moon to get my first start - now I have to work hard to get another start."

Harry Kane - "Get in there! Great hard fought win today! Top little finish by Ryan Mason. We go again Thursday night!"

Kyle Walker - "Important win for us and a great goal by Ryan Mason. Thanks to all our fans for making the journey north."

Ryan Mason - "The move was good and Erik Lamela played a perfect pass for me to finish it off!"