Onomah new contract offer this week

Tottenham are keen to tie down hot prospect Joshua Onomah to a new contract and are reportedly going to offer him one this week to follow on from Harry Winks signing his last week. Onomah has only just turned 18 (19 next April) and continues to impress.



Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea are all taking a keen interest in his progress and with a year left on his current deal Tottenham will be looking to offer him a contract until 2020.

He was delighted to have made his debut as a substitute in the FA Cup replay against Burnley last season, as he told the Tottenham Journal.

“I’m ecstatic, it’s something I’ve been waiting for my whole life – a dream that’s finally come true. I’m lost for words, I don’t know what to say, I’m speechless. I’m happy that I got a few touches of the ball and hopefully it’s the first game of many. 
“I came into the academy when I was nine. I got scouted playing for a team called Omonia and I was picked up after playing in a school tournament. Ever since then I’ve just been playing for Tottenham. 
“I’ve always supported Spurs. I grew up in the area and I’m buzzing to make my debut. Some of my family was there so hopefully I made them proud. 
“The gaffer likes to see young players and if you’re doing well in training he’ll give you a chance. It gives you the confidence and trust that you have a gaffer who can do that. I thank Poch for this opportunity. 
“I’m a player that likes to dribble with the ball, make forward passes and I assist a lot. But one area that I can improve on a lot is scoring more goals. 
“The coaches in the academy have talked to me about that so hopefully I can add that to my game. It’s a good experience having Ledley as a coach. When you’ve got a big icon like that around you just try to get all the experience you can from him. 
“He’s played for Tottenham throughout his whole career and he’s someone who I look up to, so it’s great to have him around. He’s played for this club at first-team level so he knows how it feels and he gives us all an insight into what it’s like to be a professional footballer. He’s more of a talker, he uses his arms a lot. You can understand him, so it’s good. 
“It’s good that Ugo was a professional footballer as well - that gives you the confidence and trust in the coach too. He understands what it’s like to be a player at this age and that’s useful.”

Spurs fans will be looking forward to another local boy making the team. There will no doubt be some more cameos this season when the opportunity presents itself.

Further Tottenham Reading
Hugo Lloris to be fit for Man Utd opener
Fernando Llorente decision