More rantings from the weird mind of Sol Campbell

He famously lost the plot once and disappeared at half-time during a game against West Ham. Sol Campbell away leaving everyone trying to guess where he was and when or if he'd be coming back.

More rantings from the weird mind of Sol Campbell


That was 2006 and he has always appeared as if he has a chip on his shoulder since. No Spurs fan can trust a word he says after telling the club he'd sign a new contract, or so it was reported at the time, and instead leaving on a free transfer for Arsenal.

His ramblings since have suggested that people should have job interviews based on the colour of their skin, or active racism as I perceive that to be. Any job short-list should be based upon ability alone not skin colour.

Now he suggest he should replace Gary Neville with England having done no coaching himself. Not everyone can be a coach and whether he has the requisite people skills I wouldn't know but his ramblings alienate people which is not a good sign.

"Get rid of Gary Neville and get me in instead. I've done all the badges. I'm doing my coaching badges with the Welsh FA. I am on the last year of the pro licence. 
"Whether I'm going to use it straight away I'm not too sure. Whether I can use it here I don't know. The career I have had should warrant me getting a job."

That was his answer to a question put by a football fan who asked what he would do to stop England conceding goals, not the answer the fan was expecting no doubt. I certainly wouldn't want someone like that coaching England, he would be rather devise with an attitude like that.

"I had my colour to count against me,' he said. 'I should have captained my country more than three times. I was going toe-to-toe with Beckham and he got the captaincy. 
"But I was getting better and better. I became one of the best defenders in the world and then the best defender in the world and captain of my domestic side. But the better you get the further away you get (from the England captaincy). To me it's not right. You conduct yourself in a proper way, in a proper manner, not falling out of night clubs and things like that. 
"David was picked as captain and of course he ticked all the boxes. But what if every country adopted that kind of format? They don't. 
"Most teams don't go for a star player as captain. Germany don't do it, France don't do it, Italy don't do it and nor do Spain. It's not about the star name.

Sorry Sol but you don't come across very well, in fact you come across as very bitter.