After Sherwood it's back to blandness

After the honesty of Sherwood its back to the usual tedium when talking to the media it seems, simply saying the right meaningless words as pre game interviews show.

After Sherwood it's back to blandness


Adebayor of course missed the North American tour so it's an important game for him to show the manager how he can fit into his system in match conditions. He then gives the usual respectful platitudes about opposition, even though they have sent a second team to the game.

“It’s an important game. We’re all here getting ready for the season. Celtic are a good club, they have done well in Scotland and they’re competing in the Champions League. 
“Physically they will be ready, mentally they will be ready and tactically they will be ready, so we just have to show how good we are and keep focused and keep the momentum going.”
Let's compare that with club captian Michael Dawson's words about the game in Finland today.

“Celtic have had the Champions League qualifiers but we’ll be going there as part of our preparations for the season, which is starting in two weeks’ time. 
“The pre-season matches are all about getting to know the philosophy of the new Head Coach and the way he wants to play. We’ll be professional as usual and continue our hard work.”
Kind of stating the obvious, it's all about philosophy but adds a little to Adebayor's comments and what was it Tom Carroll said earlier, before he knew he was staying with the Under 21 squad for the Dagenham & Redbridge tie the same afternoon as the Celtic game.

“Minutes are vital for all the lads. I thought the Tour to America and Canada was good – obviously I played the first game in Seattle and was fairly happy with how things went and then I was involved in the second half in Toronto. 
“We now go on to the game in Helsinki. Celtic are a good side so it will be a good challenge for the lads and I’m sure it will be a different test to what we came up against in the States.”

That is the best bit of nothing of the three, it will be a different test, I think we can all figure that one out for ourselves, couldn't we at least have something instead of blandness all the time, who asks these pointless questions t elicit such eloquent answers?

Recent Articles:
Midfield a conundrum for Pochettino
Will Danny Rose surprise us again?
The search for youth talent continues with Lazar signing
No debut for McGee with no tour
It's bye bye Benny now
Veljkovic & Dier the future Spurs centre-back pairing
Beckham opportunity offers opportunity to Spurs

These are words to our own reporters not the outside media, can't we come up with something better than this? At least Erik Lamela gave us something a little better, a little more personal and having a little more feeling about it.

“I am happy with my situation because I had a long injury and now I can train normally. The Tour went well and I feel good. 
“This pre-season is very important for me, for my fitness and I’m hoping for a big year. 
“I think I can play better than I did last season and I hope this happens for me and for the Spurs fans. I would love to do well for them.”

It will be onto the Internet and hunt down a live stream today to watch the game and enjoy more of Erik who is going to sparkle this year and surprise the rest of the Premier League, he's going to be an exciting one to watch.