Baby Bale will play tomorrow

Kenneth 'Kenny' McEvoy has signed a season long youth loan at Peterborough United and could well be playing for them tomorrow.

Baby Bale could play tomorrow


The 19 year-old is known to Spurs fans as a Gareth Bale lookalike although he is now slowly developing his own identity. He wears number 11, plays on the left wing, is quick, is left footed and was even wearing the same boots when they were together at Spurs. Because of the similarities he was naturally dubbed Baby Bale.

The Republic of Ireland under 19 international completed all the paperwork this morning and is looking forward to pre-season.

"This is an opportunity for me to come and try and break into the first team and get some experience under my belt. It is my first loan spell so I just have to try and impress in training. It is good that I have been able to join in pre-season as I can get to know the lads before the season starts.  
"I first heard of the interest a few weeks ago, but it has been quite a hectic time because I only really found out for certain this morning (Thursday). Playing in the youth cup was a good experience for me, playing in front of decent crowds."

He joined us in 2011 and has been a regular in our U21 side (Development Squad) now managed by Ugo Ehiogu.

Recent Stories:
Spurs need Chiriches out to bring a centre-back in
Ceballos shows why patience is needed
Ambassadors, Davies, King, Friedel, er Dawson?
Spurs Boys with Toys 
Hope this isn't Spurs new 3rd XI shirt
VIDEO: How the Pros get ready

League One side Peterborough have a pre-season friendly against Brighton on Saturday and McEvoy will go straight in the squad and play 30 minutes revealed boss Darren Ferguson, who thanked Spurs for allowing McEvoy to move to London Road.

"Kenny is an exciting player, he is full of pace and energy. It is a big season for him, this is the next step in his development. I have to thank Tottenham for all their help, they have been easy to deal with.  Once we got their interest, we kept it there and they were more than happy for him to come here.  
"I think he will excite people. He is a winger who can play either side. He is an intelligent player, he understands the game tactically and can play in numerous roles. I have had a good chat with him, he is raring to go.  
"He will play 30 minutes on Saturday. He is a bit behind, he has only played 45 minutes so far this pre-season, but we will get him up to speed. I am pleased to get him on board, he fits the profile, everyone has seen we have that in abundance and we want to keep adding to that."