Nacer Chadli to stay at Spurs

Galatasaray have expressed an interest in one the the 'Summer Seven' at Tottenham, Nacer Chadli however he wants to stay at White Hart Lane.


Nacer Chadli to stay at Spurs

"Tottenham is my goal. I haven't receieved an offer from Galatasaray in fact the first I heard about this was from the Belgium and Turkish press.

"I am preparing for the World Cup and that is my only concern right now.

"I have not heard anything from Galatasaray and still have a contract with Tottenham for another four years. I have no intention to leave.

“At one time we were ten players for three positions , but I never panicked. We have all played together over sixty games.

"I think I’ve played it a little more than half. That’s not bad for my first season , but I think they only get to see next season the real Chadli at the Spurs.”

The Turkish club had hoped to tempt him with the carrot of Champions League football and were prepared to offer Tottenham £10 million to get him.


He made 34 appearances in his first season at the club totalling 1,970 minutes, which equates to 19.88 full games. He scored a total of 5 goals, although only 1 in the Premier League and had 6 assists. He is aware he didn't perform to his potential and assures Spurs fans there is more to come.



“I have not shown all what I can do at Tottenham. I can do a lot more. I think I just have to adapt as much as possible. I think I can do it better.

“Tottenham bought a lot of players this summer so it was a bit different for everybody to play in the new league. It was not so easy because it’s very different, a different way to play. But with time I think we will adapt to the league. The more we play together, the better we’ll be.”

Spurs bought the Belgian international from FC Twente for £7 million and towards the end of the season he started to show some promise. Chadli will be joining teammates Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele at the World Cup in Brazil this summer.