Fryers - Senior players helped me

Zeki Fryers agrees with Nabil Bentaleb when he says the senior players helped him when he came into the side at either left-back or centre-back.

“I’ve got a lot of experience and further built my character throughout the season.

“Playing certain games has also boosted my confidence, which is good for me moving forward, and hopefully I can take all that into next season.

“There’s been a lot of competition in each position and there’s not one position that you can say is guaranteed.

“What’s helped over the season is that I can fill in at centre-back and also play at left-back so I can mix my games up.

“But it’s also been beneficial having help from the seniors in the squad, the bigger characters in the group. They’ve helped me a lot so far.”

The 21 year old made 16 appearances and is slowly progressing after the previous season being given a talking to by Tim Sherwood about his attitude. In fairness to Fryers he responded to that dressing down in the right fashion, he's knuckled down and got his fledgling career back on track.

Next season he'll be hoping to push on with his career and challenge for a more regular slot, with Europa League football again there should be plenty of games available. Importantly of course he is another home grown player.