Holtby, Kane, Freund quotes

Quotes from Lewis Holtby, Harry Kane and Steffen Freund ahead of our game against Anjhi tonight, which UK viewers can see on ITV4 from 4.30pm, kick-off is at 5pm UK time.

Lewis Holtby - "There’s 18 points to play for, so I guess we just have to try to win every game. If you see the group, we have to be confident with the aims and the qualities and the abilities we have.

“I think we’ve had a very good unbeaten run and the result against Chelsea was OK. We’re near the top of the league, and in the Europa League we’ve already got off the mark, so we’re flying with confidence over to Russia, but it’s going to be a tough game. We have to be up for it and be prepared.”

"I’m very happy and I think that’s [linking with strikers] one of the reasons why Tottenham bought me – one of my main strengths is to set up the strikers. I link up with JD and the other forwards very well so I hope against Anji I can do similar things if I get the chance. But the main thing is that we win.”

Harry Kane - “We’ve had a great start to the Europa League campaign this year, and we’re yet to concede a goal.

“We’re looking forwarding to the Anji game, hopefully we can go out there and get the result we need – get the win – and then come back and push on in the League.

“It builds confidence, and we’ve got off to a great start in the group by winning the first game, so hopefully we can push on from it and win as many games as we can.”

Steffen Freund - “We all know to go to Russia and play after a long journey is always difficult, but they are 15th in the league and we have the chance to perform well, beat them and six points after two games would help us to qualify early from the group.

“We want to build on Tromso and with the next game against Sheriff, it would be important to come home with the minimum of a draw but if we can beat them, we will be in a fantastic position.”




Subscribe to THBN