Parker, Defoe, Vertonghen, Cabaye, Dembele, Bernard, oh and Bale!

A quick round up of the afternoon Spurs news.

We have turned down a QPR bid for Scott Parker it would seem, there may be an improved offer on it's way. It would be a surprise if Parker went down a division with the World Cup coming up next summer. They also asked about Jermain Defoe Harry told the London Evening Standard, "I'd love to have Jermain. We made an enquiry but at the moment he's not available."

Jan Vertonghen feels it's touch and go whether he can make the season opener on August 18.

"I'm making a lot of progress. I'm starting to run. The next game is nine, 10 days from now, so I will be quite close. You never know what can happen and I always aim for the best and hope next week I'll be very close."

Spurs desire to land Newcastle ace Yohan Cabaye had been confirmed by PSG manager Laurent Blanc.

"He is a very good player, I have not changed my mind. I read that Tottenham are also interested. Newcastle, Tottenham or Paris, I hope he will be at a big club in September."

Mousa Dembele wants a better Tottenham performance on Saturday and shows a great attitude, we weren't good enough last time, let's improve.

“It’s a very important game for us because there will be a lot of players back and we would like to begin our season with a good feeling at White Hart Lane,” said Mousa.

“It’s going to be important for us, to show the fans as well that we are ready to do big things this season, so they have confidence in us.

“You never want to lose 5-2, but sometimes that can act as a bit of a shock, a wake-up call, and we see we still have work to do.

“It’s a blessing as well that the game was in pre-season and we can get together and say ‘okay, we need to do more, so let’s do it’.”

And finally Florentino Perez is making noises about not talking about Gareth Bale again and whilst not talking about him says  €100 million is to much for him, good, you won't want him then will you.

"We talk with lots of people and we will see what happens in all our negotiations with this player [Bale] and others," Perez has said.

"We do not usually talk about other players out of respect to the player, the club and the president with whom I have made a good friendship.

"If I do not talk about names, I do not talk about money, [but] €100m seems a lot to me, a lot for everything."

Finally one we can cross off the list Bernard, he has joined Shakhtar Donetsk. The Ukranian Champions were the only club to meet Athletico Mineiro's valuation of the 20 year-old.

Last night's article: What does Soldado offer?