Kaboul, Ginola, Payet, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Willian, Defoe, Bale

Younis Kaboul is delighted to have stepped out in a Spurs shirt once again and wants to be fit to play in the season's opener against Crystal Palace.

"It's been a long time for me since I played last. It's been a year now so I am fully happy to be back with the team."

Younis would support his teammates by turning up for home games and sitting behind the substitutes even though he didn't have to do so. It stemmed from missing the football and wanting to be involved.

"That was very hard. I was here to support the team, but it was terrible.

"Sometimes you just want to go on the pitch, take the ball and go and score. To sit there all the time was hard for me.

"When you see your team struggling, or winning, you want to be with them. Win or lose, you want to be with them and that was a big frustration.

"I missed football so, so much. I was very angry when I tore my quad at the end of last season, but this summer I got myself right to be ready for this season and now I hope the injuries are behind me.

"I was in good form so I hope to be back even better than I was when I left. Now I feel fit but I will have a good week again before the Crystal Palace game (on Sunday). I have to be ready for next Sunday.

"We are going to have to be in the top four this season.

"Last season we missed it by nothing so this year we have to be there.

"The new signings are very good. This season is looking very good for us.

"Andre has done a magnificent job for the club. He broke the points record last season and this season will be even better for him and us."

Of of our old boys, Frenchman David Ginola is currently taking his UEFA Pro License qualification which will enable him to coach in the Premier League in 2014. All new coaches must take their badges before they can take up coaching positions.

"I will soon get my Uefa A license, which will allow me to coach in the Championship, and I hope to get my Pro License by 2014 in order to coach in the Premier League," Ginola told L'Equipe.

"I'm ready for it. I miss the smell of the grass and I miss the players. This is closer to home for me and I could not see myself returning to Clairefontaine."

He did suggest to Daniel Levy a move for Dimitri Payet would be a good idea as he would have complimented Roberto Soldado and Gareth Bale, but unknown to David Marseilles were already in for him.

"I have seen Dimitri Payet play, he was excellent last year and is a great recruit for Marseille. "He has everything you need to be an excellent player and can make the difference at any time, a little bit like Eden Hazard.

"I recently mentioned him to Daniel Levy. I said he would have a dream attack if he plays with Defoe, Soldado or Bale - but Marseille had already bought him at the time."

Plenty of made up press stories about Spurs going in for Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld, a player they have already deemed not to be good enough. Quite why you would bid for a player you consider not to be good enough is a mystery but then fortunately we haven't. According to the Dutch media, Russian outfit Spartak Moscow have.

ESPN Brazil say Man City are preparing to lodge a second offer for Willian having already had a bid in the region of £35 million turned down. At that price we won't be interested.

Reports suggest QPR have been quoted £6 million for Jermain Defoe, however reports are that they want him on loan. Just about zero chance of that happening, firstly Spurs would only want to sell ad secondly it's the World Cup at the end of the season so there is no way Defoe will want to be playing Championship football, neither would Scott Parker who they also want.