7 Years Happy

Don't you just love upsets? Well done Birmingham!

I know this may be a bit premature, but it looks as though Arsenal could go yet another year without adding a trophy to their cabinet after just losing to Birmingham City in the Carling Cup Final.

I make it 7 years. Fair enough, they could win the Champions League, but let's face it, there's more chance of Tottenham Hotspur winning it. League? Forget it. F.A. Cup? Maybe, but I can't see it myself.

I suppose we'll have to wait another year for these young Arsenal players to mature, because we all know that one of these days, they will come good.

I am looking forward to welcoming them to The Lane in April. Thing is, when they lose to us yet again, what will be their excuse? I'll send a "7 Years Strong" T-Shirt to the best comment.

PS. RIP Dean Richards




Subscribe to THBN

Read our latest Evening Standard Blog


Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....

Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!