"Spurs don't stand a chance!"

That was the remark from the Arsenal contingent in the office today in relation to tomorrow's impending North London Derby.

The truth is that we've not won there for such a long time and according to the Arsenal fans I know, it will be an even longer period of time before we win there again.

Their theory is that the psychology behind tomorrow's game may be too much to handle for our lads. Thing is, before this season had kicked off, I would have quietly agreed with them. Unfortunately for Arsenal, we have two elements they don't have, Rafa van der Vaart and Gareth Bale. I suppose the late possible introduction of Jermain Defoe could also add a spiced up cheer in the changing room, but for now, Van der Vaart and Bale could be the key to our first away win at the Emirates.

I've had the unfortunate misgiving of having to sit through the latest X-Files film, "I Want To Believe". It was beyond dreadful, although the title of the film has got me thinking. I want to believe that we have got enough gusto to beat Arsenal tomorrow. I want to believe that each and every player wearing the lilywhite of Tottenham Hotspur can stand up and be counted.

THBN Prediction: Arsenal 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur

PS. If you haven't watched I Want To Believe, stay well away from it.


Subscribe to THBN

Read our latest Evening Standard Blog


Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....

Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!