Harry Redknapp interview on his transfer targets

scott parker to tottenham, thbn
Harry Redknapp was interviewed on talkSPORT earlier today and said that we are no closer to signing Joe Cole as the lad wants to review all his options.

Being totally against us signing Cole when all this fuss first kicked off, I have to say that I have started to take a liking to the idea. If it comes off and he doesn't mind being part of a squad, then great. If not, he can join another side. No one should be guaranteed a starting position and thank God, in Harry, we have a manager that isn't scared to shuffle the pack.

When asked about any other players that he may be interested in, Harry said: "Scotty Parker is a player that I've always admired. He is a massive Tottenham fan and could do a decent job for any club in the Premiership."

I have to agree with him. Parker was West Ham's best player last season. If Harry is to implement a new system, Parker could fit in nicely alongside Palacios or Huddlestone.

I suppose a deal hinges on the price West Ham place on his head. Either way, he's got my vote!

Craig Bellamy to Tottenham Hotspur, THBNHarry also commented on Craig Bellamy by adding "Craig is a fantastic professional. He's the type of player that is needed when things aren't going your way.

"I do like the lad, but he's a City player. If he [Bellamy] was to become available, I would definitely be interested."

Would you mind Parker and Bellamy signing up? I wouldn't. They would add a great deal of steel and depth to our squad in my opinion.

John Carew joining Tottenham Hotspur, THBNAlso, as per the article yesterday, a lot of you said that Defoe isn't the sort of player that can play up top on his own. I have to agree with you. I hate to say it, but Darren Bent is the sort of player that could be deployed in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 come 4-3-3 formation. He's proved that at Sunderland. Anyway, there's no point crying over spilt milk.

Maybe this is a long shot, but I wouldn't mind seeing big old John Carew at the Lane. Surely Harry could work his magic and do a deal which involved Robbie Keane going in the opposite direction?

We've finally reached that time of year me ole chums.....

_________________________________________________
Follow our rants on Twitter

Read our latest Evening Standard Blog


Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....

Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!