Levy's £40 million Warchest!

In the last few days, I've read that Daniel Levy has told Harry Redknapp that he will have £40 million in which to spend on the right players.

Now, hold on a second; did Daniel Levy publically come out with this information? If so, where was I?

I can understand that for the past few seasons, we've been good at getting our wallet out, but I haven't read that "Tottenham will have an £x million warchest" since Ossie Ardiles was in charge and we went on a little shopping spree, bringing in Klinsmann, Popescu, and Dumitrescu.

It also looks like the papers have sold Robbie Keane and Jermaine Jenas too. Not that I mind of course. Jenas has been on his way to Villa for the past 4 seasons now, so I am sure he'll finally find his way. Not sure who'd take on Robbie Keane though. I think he can still do a job for someone in the Premier League. Whether or not that someone is willing to pay his vast wages, is another matter.

So who is this Edin Dzeko that we've been linked with then? Wiki tells me that he's a fairly tall lad and has scored a lottery of goals for Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. I've never seen him play and so I'm not too sure what type of player he's likened to.

Joe Cole's name has also come up again and again and again. A player we should have nothing to do with in my opinion. If he comes in, he'll either be brought in to replace The Modfather, or he'll have to find a comfy spot on the bench.

Anyway, here's to our Warchest!


_________________________________________________
Follow our rants on Twitter
Read our latest Evening Standard Blog

Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....
Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!