Unsettling Tottenham Players

sir alex ferguson, tottenham hotspur blog news
We published an article yesterday that was based on Sir Alex Ferguson being interested in signing Gareth Bale.

Now, I won't go into the semantics of why someone like Fergie would be interested in a player like Bale. I won't even go down the path of having to explain to you why Manchester United simply don’t have the funds to buy someone like Gareth Bale.

I want to talk about what so many Spurs fans fear; Bale's head being turned.

Personally, I can't see that happening. Footballers read the papers, sports sites and blogs. They also hire (and pay handsomely) a little devil of an individual called an agent. If anyone is going to turn the head of a professional footballer, you can bet their own agent has something to do with it. Most of the time, it's the players agent that lurks in the shadows of any leaked stories.

I don't know who Gareth Bale's agent is and frankly, I don't care. If however, Bale has been remotely unsettled by the news that one of the two northern skint clubs is after him, then I wish him the best of luck in thinking that the grass is greener.

To be honest, these lads are paid what we can only ever dream of earning. They are well looked after and pampered to the hilt. I can't, not for a second, see this silly nonsense getting to him to the point where he turns in a dull performance tomorrow.

Let's forget about it.

I suppose you could read a little more into it. Matt Law from the Daily Express told me this morning that the story is 100% genuine. Straight from the reindeers mouth. I trust Matt. Therefore, I see fear swelling in Fergie's eyes. Scared are we Alexander?

Is Ferguson worried about tomorrow’s game? You bet he is; hence, the circulating rumours, that are no more than a managers plot to mess with agent fodder.

If things go as I expect them to up in Manchester in the close season, the tide will run blue, awash from the red reaches of a nether year.

Let the talking be done tomorrow, but on the pitch of course.

If Manchester United are to actually play with 11 men tomorrow, instead of their usual 12 (thanks has to be paid to the refs society), then my prediction is that we'll win.

Manchester United 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur



_________________________________________________

Follow our rants on TwitterRead our latest Evening Standard Blog
Have you got an iPod or mp3 player? If you love listening to audiobooks, click here....Big Chiv: My Goals in Life - Get it now!