David Beckham vs. Aaron Lennon

Aaron Lennon, Tottenham Hotspur Blog News
Groin for concern
I read Rob Smyth's article about putting things into perspective and to be honest with you, I couldn't agree more with Smythee.

Fair enough, the fact that Beck's will miss the World Cup and could never play again, is of course, terrible. But for the life of me, I can't fathom why the English media haven't made more of Aaron Lennon's injury, which could, in effect, also rule him out of the final 23-man squad that Capello will pick?

Let's not beat around the bush on this one, Lennon has made the right wing his. He is a better winger than both Shaun Wright-Phillips and Theo Walcott. I'm not saying that based on my Spurs bias. The facts speak for themselves. He not only has the pace, but has an awareness about him, not to mention that his crossing has improved massively.

Harry Redknapp on the weekend, said that he doesn't even know when Lennon will be back. Surely that should be setting the alarm bells off in Fabio Capello's head? If Beck's was going to go to the World Cup, I very much doubt he would have had a large influence on the pitch. Rather, he would have been utilised as an inspiration for the rest of the players. No matter what you think of the lad, David has the respect of most of the England players, if not all of them.

If reports are right about him mulling over whether or not he should fly out with the team, even though he won't be playing, then I think he'd better realise and realise fast, that being an England mascot was his original role.

Anyway, I wish a speedy recovery to David Beckham and to Aaron Lennon.

COYS!!!





__________________________
Follow our rants on Twitter