New Signings

Right then, where were we? That's right, on the deals that are supposed to have happened, but according to Tottenham Hotspur, haven't.

Just so that we're clear, Eidur Gudjohnsen has signed up until the end of the season on loan. I'll get to him in a minute.

The news I'm not too sure about, is the Kaboul/Begovic signings. Have we signed them, or not? Today's Sun even had Harry talking about the transfer of Kaboul.

If we have/are about to sign Kaboul, I think it could be a good deal for us. The lad has done a lot of growing up in the last few seasons. Thing is, I'm not sure Kaboul is the type of player that will really push us on. Do you?

That Begovic lad looks like a fine keeper (from what I've seen of him). God knows we've needed another keeper so as to keep Gomes on his toes. Maybe Begovic can be a good addition to our squad?As to the Eidur Gudjohnsen deal, do you think it offers value for money? What's he on, £100,000 per week? Will he get into the side?

With the way things are at the moment, I can't see the lad shifting the Crouch/Defoe partnership, although I hope he does. As I mentioned in the Crouchillitis article, anything to stop us lumping the ball up to the front men is a bonus.

All in all, if we have/are about to sign the two Pompey players, plus the short-term addition of Gudjohnsen, Harry's pulled another blinder.

Going back to the stories relating to Kaboul's transfer value; we would be crazy to spend the reported £11 million on him. I personally think the real value is/will be nowhere near the one stated. Harry's a hard player. He won't make the signings unless he can get them on the cheap. I also think these deals hinge on the sale of Pavlyuchenko. Our Russian's future could be sorted by 5pm Monday.


__________________________
Follow our rants on Twitter