My target is to arrive in the top four. That is my target, I think it is possible." Again, no mention of which season this target is to be achieved, but I think we can safely say that both Bobby & Benitez were referring to this campaign.

When are Chairmen going to learn to hire English speaking managers? Bobby, you don't "arrive in the top four", you finish there, if your team can understand your commands. I don't want to sound too harsh, but then capping the comment off by stating "I think it is possible", doesn't come across as a reassuring launch target statement.

I wish the guy the best of luck, I really do. He's got a dressing room that is split down the middle, just like City fans; those that wanted Hughes and those that didn't. If he can get the highly over-rated Robinho to at least start acting like a professional footballer, then there could be some light at the end of the tunnel.